At Lynx Transport we act as delivery partner for many different agencies for their final mile deliveries. In order to avoid unnecessary confusion regarding home deliveries for oversized/out of gauge traffic the following practical guidelines are listed for your help & consideration.
Reference Note: Consignee is the Recipient & Consignor is the Shipper/Shipping Agent.
- At the time of booking any delivery restrictions or special instructions must be advised in advance to us to ensure delivery can be completed to the customers satisfaction. Where large vehicles are required to deliver consideration needs to be given to the following possible restrictions:
- Are narrow country approach roads to the consignee’s property able to accommodate large vehicles?
- Does the consignee live in a Cul de Sac or housing estate if so, can a large vehicle turn safely?
- Is there adequate parking for a large vehicle?
- Are there any overhanging trees/wires or other factors that may impede access for a large vehicle?
- Deliveries are arranged Monday to Friday during normal business hours.
- Please ensure a phone number & Eircode are provided.
- If a small vehicle is required this request must be made in advance, please bear in mind the type and size of the consignment as delivery may not be possible via a small van. (Tail lifts are not available on our vans)
- It is important to note that Lynx drivers do not have helpers, nor do they breakdown pallets and return empty pallets without prior agreement. If you have special requests these need to be made in advance of the consignment departing our depot (surcharges will apply)
- Adequate space for delivery is required, as the majority of our vehicles are 7.5 tonne trucks or over.
(Picture is for illustration purposes sizes of vehicles vary some may be larger)
- Lynx drivers will park at the closest possible location to the delivery site for offload.
- A taillift is used to offload and then the items are moved with a manual or power pallet truck. Taillift & Pallet trucks can only be used on flat surfaces, they cannot work on gravel /chippings or loose terrain, they are not able to manoeuvre over steps or kerbs.
- It will be at the driver’s discretion if the delivery location is suitable for pallet movement after offload.
- The size of the consignment must be suitable for safe tail lift operation & off load. Lynx does not offer a Moffett Monty service. (The dimensions of a tail lift are L 2m by W 2.5m)
- Our drivers are not permitted to enter private dwellings.
- Failed deliveries due to lack of key delivery information may be subject to additional redelivery charges. Depot collections will be facilitated if required & prebooked.
If you require any further clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact our Admin Support Team on 091 790410.